- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
When should I use ice and when should I use heat?
- The rule of thumb that we tell our patient’s is - any time your injury has either been recent (within a week) or you pain level is more than a 4/10 you should use ice. Heat, while soothing, can increase swelling and cause increased pain hours later. For the most accurate answer be sure to ask your doctor at your appointment.
What is the popping sound I hear when I get an adjustment?
- The “pop” or “crack” that occurs during chiropractic treatments is probably the thing most often associated with chiropractic manipulative therapy. Simply put, the noise is gases from in between the joint space rapidly escaping. The popping may not occur with each manipulation depending on the treatment. Cracking knuckles is essentially the same process occurring within the joints. Here is a link to an interesting article showing what is happening to a knuckle on a MRI: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/15/cracking-your-knuckles_n_7074354.html
Should I get a massage and if so, when?
- Massage is very helpful in the management of soft tissue injuries and conditions that are often seen in our clinic. Though it is not always required that you have a referral to a massage therapist for treatment, if you talk to you chiropractor about massage therapy they may be able to coordinator care on your behalf and work with the massage therapist to get you feeling better and to help the benefits of your adjustments last longer.
Is there such a thing as a “slipped disc”?
- Simply stated there is multiple conditions that people refer to as a “slipped disc”. Depending on your examination findings, the condition could be something managed quickly with conservative chiropractic treatment or it may require diagnostic testing and longer term care. It is extremely important to have the symptoms that people associate with disc problems evaluated early. The sooner you can begin treatment, the better the results.
Do chiropractors treat children?
- Children are some of our favorite patients! Whether it is toddler’s falling during first steps or a sports injury, chiropractic care can be very helpful in the health and wellbeing of young people. As a matter of fact, many chiropractors will adjust their own children within hours after birth.
How many treatments will I need?
- Depending on the condition that is being treated, your treatment duration may be a matter of days or weeks long. Our doctors follow established guidelines for care and treat you with only NECESSARY therapeutic care. Each patient is unique and needs to have a treatment plan that is designed specifically for them.
What should I take for the pain?
- No one wants to be in pain. Pain, however, is telling you something is not right and needs to be addressed. Taking pain relievers whether prescription or over the counter medication can be both helpful as well as potentially dangerous if not managed properly. Our doctors will help identify if your condition warrants OTC’s or prescription pain medication. If a prescription is needed the doctors can make the appropriate referral to your medical doctor for medication.
What are some of the common conditions chiropractors treat?
- Low back pain and neck pain are the most common complaints seen by chiropractors. Due to the successful management of these issues, chiropractors are often referred to as “back doctors”. While we take pride in our success in treating back and neck pain, many issues related to the problems with movement, posture, and repetitive/over use injuries can benefit greatly from chiropractic care. These include: headaches, shoulder and rotator cuff injuries, plantar fasciitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, sprains in knees, ankles, elbows and much more. Our doctors work with other specialists and if you need to be seen for more evaluation and care we can refer you to the appropriate specialist.
Learn more about us!
Learn more about us!
Located in the heart of Helena, the leading health professionals at Town Center Chiropractic are dedicated to helping you achieve your health objectives -- combining skill and expertise that spans the entire chiropractic spectrum. Dr. V.J. Maddio, Dr. Michael Morris, Dr. Jeffrey Fife and Dr.Sheridan Jones are committed to bringing you to better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the principles of chiropractic care.
|Sunday||Emergency Only||Emergency Only|
|7:30am||8:30am||7:30am||7:30am||7:30am||9:00am -11:00||Emergency Only|
When I first came in the pain was so severe I couldn't even think straight. After my care I can say I haven't felt this good in years! Thank you Town Center Chiropractic.